Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy Birth Day to my life-long best friend.

Today is the day that my best friend since 10 years old became a mom. I've spent all day checking Facebook for the latest pictures of her and her brand new baby girl. She is absolutely gorgeous and she looks just like her beautiful Mama, and even though I'm 3,000 miles away I'm already completely in love with her.


My friend is like a sister to me, and no matter how long we go without seeing each other we always catch up as if it's only been a few weeks. Today was such an important day in her life, today was the day she started her journey into a life of raising a tiny human being. She is a kind and loving person and I have already seen the kind of loving mother she is by the way she nurtured her baby and her body throughout her pregnancy, so I have no doubt that she will be a wonderful Mama to her darling little girl.

It's funny how much I reflect on my own birth experiences when someone I love gives birth. My journey through the 5 1/2 years of mothering I have under my belt has been absolutely transformative for me.  I've learned so much along the way and have grown so much as a person. There have been many struggles but there have been many more joys. Every decision I've made and every circumstance that has happened has been an opportunity to grow and learn. It's such a gift to be raising some of the next generation of human beings, and Gen, I'm so excited and so proud to be sharing this journey of Motherhood with you. If your Baby Girl is anything like you, she will be feisty, funny, thoughtful, feminine but not afraid to get her hands dirty, creative, have a fantastic sense of style, and a heart that is bursting with love and compassion. Welcome to life as a mom, and you know that I will be here for you every step of the way. I love you so much and I can't wait to hug you and your sweet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment