Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tomorrow! TOMORROW!

Tonight I seem to have reached the point where there isn't anything left to put into boxes. This is good, because moving day is TOMORROW. We are signing the lease at 10 am! I can't believe how quickly this has all happened. I can't believe we're going to have a HOUSE! With a YARD! And a darling little front porch, and a fence, and a little shed, and there are just so many things I'm excited about! This is the first time in my life that I haven't had a yard, and it's been a year and a half and it's been absolutely long enough. We have big plans for that little piece of the earth!


Today we've been eating whatever is left in the house, packing whatever is left, and doing whatever it takes to get by. Amazingly I didn't turn on the TV to distract the kids until 3 pm, so they haven't received too much brain damage today. Lunch was tortilla chips, blueberries, and apple slices with peanut butter. My portion was shoved into my mouth by my 2 year old, whose hands were pretty sticky and gross, and the chips he gave me were slightly soggy and had a funky taste that I couldn't identify. Just another one of the adventures of moving to a new place, though - and did I mention that it's TOMORROW?

Also, hooray for our decision to order pizza for the first dinner in our new house, because after this past week I am really looking forward to getting the last of the things moved in, sitting down, and not having to think of anything for dinner other than what toppings I'd prefer!

2 comments:

  1. I know it has been a couple of month, but I still want to congratulate you on your new house. I guess you also experienced filing all the needed requirements and documents and the tiring days of house hunting. I hope that you're enjoying your place. How are you now? I hope you can host a house tour in the future. :)

    YourArizonaMortgageExpert.com

    ReplyDelete